Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Random Updates on a Snowy Tuesday

I promise, I didn't forget my blog! I had a wisdom tooth pulled a couple weeks ago so I was down recovering from that, and subsequently trying to stay caught up with college courses/family etc.  Since then I have gotten a few things accomplished and have more things waiting to start! I made some bierocks last week and they were yummo.  I took a few pictures while preparing, so I may end up sharing my recipe on here for those.  I have done a few peacock studies in pencil, I have wanted for quite some time to start a good sized ink of a peacock.  Hoping I get laundry put away today so I can start on the layout!
After retiring the flag it got me to thinking and talking with my husband, it would sure be neat to make my own flag.  Not sure if I am going to keep it all by hand or if I will use my sewing machine.  But Hobby Lobby had fabric on sale while I was there yesterday so I did get some to hopefully start that project as well.
Hopefully we get the mudding finished in the living room soon, and as we move things back into the room I can finally start decorating a little.  I think it will be fun to make up some pillows with the room colors on them.  Have been thinking some monochromatic drawings for that room, but no inspiration has hit me yet.  I need to get back into practice on portraits so I can do some of the kids. That would really be fun.
My cat and dog are snuggled up next to me on the couch.  Neither has moved much this morning.  It is very windy and snowing today.  It is rather temping to curl up on the couch and hibernate with a good book, but maybe this evening.  Was going to make fried chicken for supper but I think I want something warm, stew or something in the crockpot.  I will have to poke around the pantry and see what I can throw together.
I have a basket in the laundry room on a shelf where outgrown/mismatched/holey socks go.  Had an idea the other day that I won't get rid of the socks, going to use an old pair of jeans and the socks as stuffing for a dog(and by dog i mean cat because he stole the other dog bed for himself) bed.  Think it will hold up pretty well and will go through the wash/dryer just fine.
So as you can see, I have great plans, just need to get busy and accomplish them.  Hopefully I will have some interesting stuff this week to share.  Thanks to everyone for reading :) God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to every single thing you just listed! I can't wait to see them. I had always though about making a flag but I don't know I could ever put it outside after putting that much work into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it won't go outside, I am thinking it might hang on the wall of the stairwell with family photos. Not sure though. If this laundry would ever put itself away! LOL!

    ReplyDelete